All About JAVA
Ingredients | FAQs | Benefits
Caffeine in Skin Care?
In beauty products, CAFFEINE has been found to reduce dark, puffy circles under the eyes. It calms irritated and reddened skin, giving you a natural, healthy appearance. Caffeine is loaded with powerful antioxidants which protect our skin from harmful environmental damage.
ROASTED COFFEE GROUNDS naturally exfoliate dead skin cells and leave you feeling silky smooth. The appearance of cellulite can be minimized with regular use.
All of our COFFEE is sourced from the Guatemalan Hue Hue Tenango Region - Bird Friendly® Coffee (BFC) which carries a seal of approval that assures consumers the coffee has met specific criteria developed by the Smithsonian Migratory Bird Center (SMBC). A Bird Friendly certification means the coffee is organic, produced on farms with a shade cover that provides a substantial and vital habitat for migratory and resident birds in tropical landscapes, which are increasingly threatened by deforestation globally at an unprecedented rate. The Bird Friendly criteria are the world's most stringent standards for shade-grown coffee production.
JAVA Skin Care takes full advantage of the skin-loving properties of Coffee & Caffeine. Each product in our line is loaded with antioxidant-rich ingredients. Our proprietary blend of Raw Coffee and Argan Oil is what distinguishes JAVA Skin Care from other coffee skin care lines. Our coffee extract is added to organic, plant-based ingredients to create distinctive green beauty formulations.
ORGANIC ARGAN OIL (Argania Spinosa) has extremely high levels of Vitamin E and 80% fatty acids which make it perfect for moisturizing the skin. Argan oil is pressed from the nut of the fruit of the Argan Tree, which is only found in Morocco. The argan tree lives to be about 150 to 200 years old and does not start producing the fruit until it is 30 to 50 years old. Because the tree is found only in a limited area, the oil itself is quite rare. Argan oil can be applied topically to moisturize skin. The oil contains 80% unsaturated fatty acids and is more resistant to oxidation than olive oil.
Aloe Vera (Organic Aloe Barbadensis) - The juice derived from the leaves of the Aloe Vera plant has been used in skin care for centuries. It acts as a healing agent for treating burns, skin disorders, and is even used for pain relief. Aloe is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-irritant. JAVA Skin Care uses Aloe in our products because it is super moisturizing.
Coconut (Cocos nucifera) - The Coconut has been used in both cooking and skin care for centuries. At JAVA Skin Care we have used many different derivatives of coconut in order to achieve a range of skin benefits while keeping our products gentle and all natural. It is a conditioner, emulsifier, foam booster, surfactant, and emollient, creating a barrier on the skin to retain moisture. Our coconut ingredients are high in antioxidants.
Sugar Beets (Beta vulgaris) - Betaine, a small amino-acid derived naturally from Sugar Beets, is both a skin conditioner and viscosity controller.
Guar Beans (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba) - Guar Beans have recently become more popular as a conditioner for both skin and hair. The derivative of the beans that JAVA Skin Care uses act as both an emulsifying and conditioning agent, improving natural moisture retention in the skin and creating an extremely silky feel to all of our products.
Olive Oil (Olea europaea) - Olive Oil is used as a cleanser, emulsifier, and a viscosity increasing agent in skin care. JAVA Skin Care uses Olive Oil for its benefits as an all-natural moisturizer.
Organic Raw Sugar - Raw Sugar is a valuable ingredient in skin care because it does not clog pores and naturally exfoliates. Sugar acts as a conditioner and moisturizer. JAVA Skin Care only uses raw sugar, as opposed to a less expensive white sugar, in order to keep our products pure and vegan. We also chose sugar over salt to keep our scrub gentle.
Safflower Oil (Carthamus tinctorius) - Safflower Oil is extracted from the seeds of the safflower plant, one of the world’s oldest crops. Safflower Oil makes an amazing moisturizer because it creates a protective barrier to prevent moisture from leaving the skin, while at the same time, preventing pores from getting clogged. JAVA Skin Care loves Safflower Oil because it helps the skin to look glowing and reduces the look of wrinkles.
Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) - Sweet Almond Oil is created through a cold press process and is used for skin care as well as medicinally for skin disorders.
Rosemary Extract (Rosmarinus Officinalis) - Rosemary Extract is a deodorant and cleansing agent.
Pumpkin Seed Oil (Cucurbita Pepo) - Pumpkin Seed Oil is listed as a super food, but it also has many benefits when applied topically. It is rich in vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids.
Vegetable Glycerin - Derived from vegetable oil, Vegetable Glycerin allows moisturizers to draw and absorb water from the air helping skin retain moisture. Great for sensitive skin, Glycerin helps keep skin smooth and soft.
Cocoglucosides Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride - Derived from the Guar plant, CHC is an excellent emulsifier and foam stabilizer. It also acts as a sugar conditioner.
Sodium Levulinate - the sodium salt of levulinic acid, derived from corn. It acts as a natural preservative, preventing the growth of microorganisms.
Potassium Sorbate - Naturally found in the berries of the mountain ash tree, Potassium Sorbate acts as an all natural, non-irritating preservative.
Vitamin E (D-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate) - Vitamin E is super antioxidant rich and acts as a preservative.
Styrax Tonkinensis - Styrax Tonkinensis is derived from the resin obtained from evergreen trees. It acts as a fixative.
Why choose all-natural skin care products?
2. Avoid irritation: Harsh chemicals, artificial colors and fillers in skin care products and makeup can cause redness, irritation and breakouts. Many people are even allergic to chemicals commonly found in conventionally produced products. Natural makeup, skin care products and body products work with your skin instead of against it.
3. Save your nose: Artificial fragrances are designed to cover up the smell of other chemicals used in traditional beauty products. The effect is that you have a chemical to cover up another chemical, and all those chemical smells can cause headaches in many people. Natural beauty products smell like their natural ingredients, not a cocktail of chemicals.
4. Paraben-free: Parabens are used in conventionally produced health and beauty products as a preservative to extend the shelf life of products. Parabens, however, are synthetic and mimic your body's natural hormones. This can alter the functions of your body's endocrine system. Natural beauty products use natural preservatives, such as grapefruit seed extract, that won't affect your body.
5. Outside to the inside: Skin is our largest organ and also a gateway to the blood stream. Chemicals rubbed into the skin enter our blood stream quickly -- sometimes faster even than if we were to eat them. The average woman applies up to 200 chemicals to her skin every day through cosmetics, lotions and hair-care products. By using all-natural beauty products, you can eliminate these harmful chemicals.
- Our Skin Care products are gluten free, 100% biodegradable, and use naturally-derived plant-based ingredients. They do not contain sulfates, synthetic preservatives, petrochemicals, palm oil, GMO’s, artificial fragrances, dyes or fillers.
- Our coffee purchases support environmental sustainability by promoting organic agricultural practices and honest wages for farmers. It is critical to us that we source our coffee beans from farms that plant Shade Grown, Fair Trade and/or Rainforest Alliance certified techniques.
- NO SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES Synthetic fragrance is one of the most toxic substances allowed in skin care ingredients. It is also found in many so-called "natural" products as well. Synthetic fragrances can contain up to 150 unnamed ingredients such as phthalates and formaldehyde donors. We only use 100% steam distilled, pure plant essential oils to scent.
- Recommended For: All Skin Types
- Never tested on animals
- Made in USA